Machine Quilting and A Hidden Eye Spy Image

Thought I would hide some fun images while machine quilting like my "Quilter's Hand" signature that goes into every quilt.
It becomes a game with my customers to find it among the feathers in a border or tucked in an open area of a meander pattern. In fact, I stitch it where ever it would fit and don't think a second thing about it not being part of the design. If the quilt is 92" x 78" then that little square inch of design is only 1/7176 of the finished quilt. And if I really mess up on the spacing then there is the perfect little pattern filling up the void.

No doubt you have seen the "quilter's hand" before, maybe in a class sample. It is on page 48 in Pathways To Better Quilting Book. Think about what you could do to tuck a little stylized design into your quilts. Your own design that represents you in thread. Could be a flower, heart, basket, bird, fish, house, star or what ever represents you.

Here is a quilt sample I did for a customer. In looking more closely I found a perfect eye...can you spy it?



Yours in the love of quilting, Sally Terry

2 comments:

  1. What a great idea! What represents me....hmm...will have to think about this one! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lynnita, I am sure you have thought of something by now....something outside your window maybe. Let me know!!! thanks for commenting, Sally

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...Happy Quilting, Sally