Have you wanted to use your quilting machine for a boat anchor?

How old is your thread?

I don't know about you but I have thread that is over 30 years old. Yep! They are neatly arranged by color on a rack by my traditional sewing machine.

And I always think that one day I will run them all. Use up the threads I've invested in. Amazing to think how much money we have in our quilting threads just sitting there waiting to be stitched into a quilt.

I also have drawers full of large cones for my long arm SibbyNell. And I think I am going to run them too. How many cones do you have? Dozens and dozens am sure.



Then I learned that thread ages. And fresh thread is considered only to be 2-3 years old and no older. That's it, 2-3 years. Then it loses it's tinsel strength, color etc. Then we have to run them in the bobbin...what a waste. So we gotta run them. We've invested money in them. 

So what do we do? There are many little adjustments that we can use on our stand up and sit down machines that makes it possible to run our threads. Now you don't have to say....I'm throwing away my machine, using it for a boat anchor!!!


Take heart. You can run those threads and have put it all in a video class to share the how and why of running threads, from the common cottons and polys to metallic thread and Mylar Holographic Ribbon. 

Have been working my entire quilting life to help sewers and quilters to use up their gorgeous, beautiful threads. 

Click through to find out more and use the link for a special discount. Be sure to scroll down for a preview.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment...Happy Quilting, Sally