Tips on Shipping Quilts

Have been shipping a lot of machine quilted quilts lately. Instead of using the word "quilt" for contents of your package, you can put blanket, bedding, and the one I use..."display material". 

Remember when we went to the fabric store to by material???

That takes the emphasis off of a valuable machine quilted quilt top. Of course insure it and include a copy of the appraisal if you have one.


Next I put it in a clear bag to protect it from moisture and tape an index card with my address and the recipients address to the outside of the bag in case something happens to the box.

Here is how I like to package it. You can put small rolled up lengths of batting between the folds if you don't want the fabric crease and the batting to retain the fold "memory".



zigzag the folds to box dimensions

can overlap folds as you zigzag 
this adds a lot of perceived value to the quilt whether it is to a customer or is a gift

I use the backing side margins to tie a nice ribbon around the quilt and tuck in a thank you note.

Happy Quilting, Sally

1 comment:

  1. Great! Thanks for sharing this! I will apply your tips when I ship stuffs through NSMS this Christmas season.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment...Happy Quilting, Sally